Monday 11 July 2011

Two Emulations

I was playing around on the Emu Emulator 2 yesterday, as I just got it back from being fixed (dead power supply). This was actually one of the first vintage synths that I bought, way back in 1993/4. Its all over my first few albums. It's a lovely sounding synth, a lot more than just a sampler, and has beautiful analog filters inside which you don't get in any of the other big-boy samplers such as the Fairlight, Synclavier, Akai or Rolands. The exception is The PPG Wave (see previous post). Anyway, here are a couple of sketches I did, the first is just a sampled single waveform from an ARP 2600. The second is my favorite harp sample from the original E2 library. I recorded a randomish sequence into memory then played on top...

Then, guess what happened? BOTH disk drives failed!



No comments:

Post a Comment